Confidential Information Policy
The Consultant is aware that in the course of the performance of the Assignment it will have access to and be entrusted with Confidential Information of the Client. Accordingly, it undertakes in respect of that Confidential Information, that both during and after completion of the Assignment.
Confidential information means personal communication or information relating to an organisation’s business that is unknown to the public and only shared between a few people. This information comes into the possession of the Organisation through its work. Common examples of confidential information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unpublished financial information.
- Customer lists and data.
- Intellectual property, such as patents, formulas and new technologies.
- Data from external parties.
- Business and product information, such as pricing, marketing and other strategies.
- Documents marked confidential.
- Unpublished goals and forecasts marked confidential.
MarketingCoach.ie holds personal data about its staff, users, members, etc which will only be used for the purposes for which it was gathered and will not be disclosed to anyone outside of the organisation without prior permission.
- MarketingCoach.ie will not use the Confidential Information in any way for itself or any other person, except in a way that is authorized by this agreement or by the proper authority of the Client;
- MarketingCoach.ie will use its best endeavors to keep confidential (and to make sure that its employees and agents shall keep confidential) any Confidential Information which he may acquire.
- MarketingCoach.ie will make all relevant employees, agents and sub-contractors aware of the confidentiality of information and the provisions of this paragraph and to take all such steps as from time to time may be necessary to ensure compliance by those people with these provisions. These restrictions will continue to apply even after the employee has stopped working MarketingCoach.ie
- All personal data will be dealt with sensitively and in the strictest confidence internally and externally.
- All records of the Confidential Information will be kept separate from other records;
- All paper-based and electronic data should be stored in accordance with the principles and guidance of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Information should only be disclosed to others when authorised by senior management.
- Confidential information should not be used for personal profit or benefit.
- Confidential information must not be replicated and stored on insecure devices.
BREACHES OF CONFIDENTIALITY
MarketingCoach.ie recognises that occasions may arise where there may be deemed a need to breach confidentiality. Confidential or sensitive information relating to an individual may be divulged where there is risk of danger to the individual, a volunteer or employee, or the public at large, or where it is against the law to withhold it.
MarketingCoach.ie will alert the client immediately if they become aware of any breach of confidentiality.
TRAINING AND REVIEW
All existing and new employees and workers will be made aware of this confidentiality policy through induction and further training.
If required, a specific Confidentiality Policy can be agreed This might be necessary where sensitive information needs to be shared and would provide legal remedies if there is any release of confidential information. A new agreement may include the following:
- A non-compete clause, prohibiting the recipient of the information from starting a competing company or divulging confidential information to a competitor.
- A non-solicit clause, prohibiting the recipient from working with clients or employees of the client organisation or MarketingCoach.ie
If a client does wish to include the above a separate agreement must be drawn up.